Saturday, November 28, 2009




Travelling could be a good opportunity to know yourself.
For that reason this trip to Peru was successful, but I kept wondering if this would be worth it.
It was a trip to the hell. I am not sure if I would have gone if I had known what would be happening in Peru.
The worst part was my mother left me and I had no idea where she was at Machu Picchu. For her looking at Machu Picchu for ten minutes is just enough. For me I wanted to sit down and feel the place. I found her outside the gate. So we could not go back any more. Being at Machu Picchu was the solo purpose of this trip. And it was less than one hour, most of the time I was looking for my mother. We spent three days to get there. And in less than one hour I was out of the site. I became very ill at that night. No energy to do anything next day. And it rained. I sat at the train station for three hours miserably. I managed to go back to Cuzco. Three hours ride in a train. Thirty minutes bus ride to Cuzco hotel. But at the high altitude, I was so miserable. I could not eat anything for two days.
If I would summarise this strip, I would describe "miserable".
I travelled in the entire South America by myself for three months when I was young. I did it for myself. I like Peru most in South America. I am not suitable for traveling with others. Maybe I will have another chance to see these places alone one day.

No comments: